jueves, 29 de abril de 2010

"Dejen que los chicos rompan los libros"

These are some of Mempo Giardinelli's words at the International Book Fair. What do you think? What books did you read when you were a kid? Did you tear books when you were little?

“Dejen que los chicos rompan los libros. La apropiación a través de la rotura es un gesto de amor. Cuando un chico marca, dibuja y arranca una hoja es un gesto de amor. Yo de chico podía jugar a los soldaditos y el fuerte lo hacía con mis libros. Después sí, por ahí, leía."

To read the complete version:

Mempo Giardinelli: “Dejen que los chicos rompan los libros”

2 comentarios:

  1. I remember reading tales, those with speaking animals. I loved to, but I took care of the books as I took care of all my toys. I think that as regards children they have to USE the book, write it if they want, paint it, but tear it sounds a bit agressive! or perhaps it may show that they don`t like it or they are not interested in it.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I loved reading books when I was a child. My parents used to buy me and my sister lots of books and we used to read them lots of times. I don't remember having torn them, on the contrary, I loved them and I took care of them. On the other hand, my son always draws and tears the books which he likes most! I don't know why he does that, I think that perhaps he does that because he is little and he doesn't understand that there are certain books in which he can't draw!

    ResponderEliminar